Player Agents are active in Player Evalutions
- Each Player Agent runs their corresponding level of evaluations:
- 8 and 9 year old evaluations - Minors Player Agent
- 10 year old evaluations - Coast Player Agent
- 11 and 12 year old evaluations - Majors Player Agent
- The schedule for the 2013 Evaluations is available at: 2013 KALL Baseball Evaluations Schedule
Player Pool Guidelines for Player Agents
One of the player agent duties, is to manage the player pool for the appropriate level.
- Player Agent #1 - Minors Player Agent
- Player Agent #2 - Coast Player Agent
- Player Agent #3 - Majors Player Agent
There are two major aspects to the Player Pool Management:
- Collecting player names and maintaining a list
- Connecting players to teams as the need arises
Detailed steps are as follows:
Collecting player names and maintaining a list
- Send an email to the managers at your level and request that their interested players contact you to get on your list
- Maintain a running list of interested players
- The first to respond is at the top of the list. Subsequent players are placed next on the list
Connecting players to teams as the need arises
- If a team is short on players (with less than 9 players), the manager can request a pool player(s) to reach a team player count of 9 players
- The next player on the list is contacted
- If the player is interested, that player is given the go ahead by the Player Agent, and the Player Agent sends an email to both the player and manager to make the connection. If the player is not interested or available, the next player on the list is contacted.
- Pool players can be added such that the total number of players for a game can be as high as 10, but not more than 10.